Meet the Contributor: Meg Seis

Meet the Contributor: Meg Seis

Meg Seis has been writing for Charlie for quite a few months now, but who is she? Let’s get to know her.

Written by Meg Seis

Introducing Me

Hi! My name is Meg Seis, I am 21 years old and currently work casually for a few farming and ag businesses in my local area. Having grown up on the farm, I love going home to stock work, paddock work, and riding horses around the farm.

This allows me to spend time with my family as well as be a valuable member to the team.

Our girl, Meg Seis.
Our girl, Meg Seis.

Growing up in Dunedoo

I grew up on a family farm near a small town in central west NSW, Dunedoo. As a child I spent a lot of time on bikes or horses with my parents checking and moving stock, in the yards or in the tractor. It wasn’t uncommon for me to saddle my horse and go riding up on one of the hills to watch a sunset or watch the day pass by.

I have a younger brother and sister, and together we had some of the best fun growing up. Family is important to me and I love spending time with them still when I get to go home.

I was very sporty and had a crack at every sport under the sun but loved reading and spending time with friends and family as well. I am always on my feet and I love having a go at anything.

After finishing school, I headed straight to uni to study at Charles Sturt. I was keen to start studying and was very glad I did as I have now met some amazing friends and done some great things while being at uni. Upon completion of my degree I would love to potentially take the gap year that I didn’t have when I originally finished school.

All grins!
All grins!

Studying at Charles Sturt

I am currently studying a Veterinary Science degree at Wagga Wagga campus and am entering my 4th year. I chose this degree as I am keen to make a contribution to the agriculture industry through animal health and management and am loving the application of a vast array of areas of knowledge so far. I am enjoying the degree and am looking forward to where this will take me in the future.

Once I finish studying, I want to be able to use my degree to travel and make a positive impact in small rural and regional communities around Australia and internationally. I would love to make a contribution to the looming global food crisis we are seeming to face in the future by working towards more sustainable and efficient animal protein production.

Charles Sturt has allowed me to meet a lot of new people and do things I wouldn’t have done if I was studying online or at a different campus. To future students, I would say to enjoy your first year/s and put yourself out there to be open to anything. These years are where I met some of the best people and have some amazing memories to cherish forever. Try not to get caught up in study all the time as life’s too short to take it too seriously!

Living on campus.
Living on campus.

Writing for Charlie & other involvements

I am enjoying being a contributor to the Charlie team so far and everyone is extremely encouraging. I take topics or themes I am interested in and write about them in an accessible manner to allow other students to read about. I enjoy this as I can write about things I’m passionate about, provide an unbiased opinion and spark some thought amongst the student cohort. 

Besides being apart of Charlie, I play rugby with Wagga Ag College and love being a part of this culture. Everyone is so welcoming and rugby is such a good sport to be able to see the country side, meet people from all walks of life and form some lifelong friendships. I love the sport and love the social aspect that comes from it too.

I am also a part of the Veterinary Students Association as I believe this club provides a great support network to vet students while they are studying what is a long and strenuous degree. The Residence Association Wagga is another club I love being a part of as I love being able to plan events for other students to enjoy and we have a lot of fun doing so! 

Meg and her team mates in the Wagga Ag College Rugby Team.