Written by Michelle Curry
Zac and I previously worked together where he was my go-to person for anything tech related. He has a positive attitude, hard work ethic, and generous soul. Zac is a lover of Lego; a very talented graphic designer and his Instagram account is filled with some amazing travel photos that make me want to pack my bags and explore the world. I was thrilled when Zac announced he was heading to Charles Sturt University, and I sat down with him to answer some questions:
1. What are you studying at Charles Sturt University?
Bachelor of Communication (Specialising in Design and Content Creation)
2. What’s your favourite beverage?
Dairy Farmers Classic Chocolate Milk
3. What is your favourite movie?
A tie between Back To The Future Part III and Rambo III
4. What is something you struggle to do?
Believing that I will do well in the future.
5. Best advice for your first-year self?
The nerves and hesitation do eventually go away. Don’t stress about it.
6. What did you want to do with your life at age 12?
An Architect or Urban Planner. Anything to do with designing things.
7. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime?
I would love to purchase and restore a heritage building in Bathurst and turn it into a graphic design studio with a space for creatives and the community to use.
8. It’s brunch! What do you eat?
Sausages, bacon and hashbrowns with tomato relish on Turkish bread.
9. Favourite solo artist?
10. What’s your favourite board game?
11. What’s a city you wish to visit?
Astoria in the state of Oregon, USA
12. Preferred type of shoe eg heel or sneaker?
My trusty Adidas slides
13. What’s your favourite exercise?
Walking around the Macquarie River.
14. What was your worst subject in school?
15. What is your spirit animal?
A cat because lazing around all day demanding food doesn’t seem too different to what I currently do all day.
16. What colour was your formal outfit?
A black blazer with a maroon-coloured tie.
17. How do you manage stress?
I usually go take a walk around the Macquarie River or go up to the Mount Panorama boardwalk for some peace and quiet.
18. What do you do to relax and unwind after a big day?
Work on my Minecraft City of 12 years, scroll Reddit, and watch YouTube.
19. Television show you’ve binged on recently?
Have You Been Paying Attention is something I watch religiously every Monday, but I recently binged all 4 seasons of Cobra Kai on Netflix.
20. What are 3 words to describe studying (and if you live on campus, living) at Charles Sturt University?
Practical, community and achievement.
21. Favourite day of the week and why?
Thursday because it’s almost Friday.
22. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Spending my entire savings on LEGO.
23. Plans for the weekend?
Taking it easy after finishing a huge report on Friday.