How I prepare for online study

How I prepare for online study

Want to know how our online students prepare for the session? Charlie contributor Shantel Hussain shares some tips on how she gets organised for her lectures and tutorials using the app ‘Goodnotes’.

Written by Shantel Hussain

Beginning online classes is full of challenges and opportunities, I have created a plan so I can be prepared for my classes on time!

I discovered effective strategies that helped me to thrive in my studies and stay up to date without losing any of my work!

Organising digital resources was for preparation as within the first few weeks of my first year at uni I was printing out every week’s work which was 4 subjects and let me tell you it was so stressful I don’t even want to get into that detail!

So I discovered an app which is my life saver (literally). The actual name of the app is ‘Goodnotes’ and its available for all devices not just for iPads.

The Goodnotes app.

I downloaded Goodnotes. It was just the solution I needed to store course materials, lecture recordings, and research papers that could be easily accessed from any of my devices.

Ever since I started using the app everything about online learning became easier, I have all my notes and lectures in one place. How good?! 

Goodnotes streamlined my study process, allowing me to annotate lectures and create structured study guides. I am able to have access to my lectures  from any device which is useful for being stuck in traffic and having to join class.

I would be able to just pull over to a McDonalds and join class from my phone knowing I have all my notes ready (yes this is a true story).

Making time for your life outside of uni is very important, hence why I made my own schedule so every thing is 50/50 and not stressing me out!

Using Goodnotes for my online studies has helped me gain a positive mindset. I hope my story inspires you to also try the app to make your study journey easy.

Shantel using the app to write notes on the lecture slides.