Cooking for yourself throughout the uni year can be super repetitive.
Let’s be real, you get lazy and end up having leftovers or spaghetti bolognese for the hundredth time.
To help make your summer dorm experience feel a little bit more festive, we’ve put together a couple of delicious summer recipes to mix up your meals!
1. 15-minute summer pizza
A twist on the classic, this no-cook pizza is ready in a flash.
- 8 small white pita bread rounds
- 200g tub spring onion dip
- 425g can tuna in oil
- 400g tomato medley mix, roughly chopped
- 4 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- 150g fetta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 cup fresh baby basil leaves
- Spread pita bread rounds with dip.
- Top with tuna, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, and fetta.
- Whisk oil and dried herbs together in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over pizzas.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves.
2. Mango chicken salad
The perfect summer salad!
- 3 mangoes
- Half a roast chicken, stripped
- A handful of fresh mint
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 large cucumber
- 200g raw cashews
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Thai dressing
- Once the roast chicken has been stripped, and mango and cucumber chopped into cubes, combine with the lettuce in a salad bowl.
- Add fresh mint and basil.
- Blend together with a mixer 1 mango, the mayonnaise, lime juice and Thai dressing for the salad’s dressing.
- Sprinkle with cashews and serve!