Soon it will be Christmas! Shopping centres have transformed into sparkly wonderlands with carols filling the air.
But instead of being able to enjoy the magic, there’s probably a long list of gifts for everyone in your life.
Here is a list of five cute gift ideas I have given over the many Christmas’ for those hard-to-buy-for friends and family.
For the person who appreciates family
- Think about gifts that will engage the whole family. Funny family portraits or even an activity that brings together the family will be appreciated. What about matching Christmas pyjamas? Or handmade coupons for a special family event to be organised in the new year. These gifts in particular do go over well with everyone!
For the person who appreciates food
- Start by investigating the kinds of foods that they like. Maybe they need a hamper of all their favourite ingredients, or perhaps an easy-to-read but challenging cookbook to test their skills.
- Variety packs of things like teas, chutneys, chocolates or cheeses can be a winning gift. Especially for people you may not see all of the time throughout the year.
For the person who appreciates surprises
- Look for something unique that will appeal to their delight and tastes. This can include joke gifts, board games to play on the day, or presenting your gift with a joke. In other words, do the unexpected and they will appreciate your gift above all else.
For the person who appreciates adventure
- Look no further than the great outdoors. There are plenty of outdoor activities such as horse riding, high ropes or hiking tours offered, even amid lingering COVID restrictions. Buy vouchers so that the person you are gifting can choose a time and day suitable for them.
For the person who appreciates thought
- Handmade items are always a winner. Handmade does not necessarily mean a paper and glue present. It could be cooking a wonderful meal or creating a scrapbook of memories with that person. Handmade presents show the person that you put time and thought into their gifts. It is a unique way to express how much you care for that person.
- If you are looking for a gift for someone you haven’t seen in a while, invite them out to lunch. It is important to look at the art of gift giving as a way to share joy!
Good luck in your gift buying! I hope these ideas will be useful as they have been for me!