Have you gotten everything sorted for your Orientation as a Charles Sturt student?
Here are all the tips and to-do items to help you get all you can out of your orientation period!
What to-do now
Have you checked these things off your list yet?
- Check out your Orientation Portal
- Order your CSU Card
- Apply for scholarships
- Access your online learning space – Interact2
- Check if you need to order any textbooks
- Check your enrolment
- Ensure you’ve enrolled in the right subjects as per the course handbook
- Join the CSUSocial Facebook Group
- View your upcoming fees and finances
Check out the essentials you’ll need to live on-campus and don’t forget to take a look at your campus map to find out where your classes and facilities are.
Once you arrive on campus, you will have three main orientation activities:
- Academic sessions: Meet your Course Director or other academic staff, make sure you’re up-to-speed with all your course requirements and check that you’ve got everything you need for your first classes.
- Services and support sessions: Find out about the support team available to help you through your studies. There are dedicated teams to help you boost your study skills, manage your finances, look after your health and more.
- Uni life sessions: Get involved in our social program to make some of your first uni friends!
There are also lots of clubs to join such as sporting teams or activity clubs that are definitely worth a look into!! Most campuses hold Clubs Day events, so more information will be given out at your specific campus!
Orientation sessions for online students are offered online, on-campus and via recorded video for you to watch anytime and there’s also the option to contact your course director.
- Course Orientation session: To kick orientation off, get your Uni 101 with this session. Here you’ll get an overview of your course, learning environment, subject expectations and where to find help.
- Online Orientation workshop: If you’re new to uni, add this workshop to your list to find your way around online study like a pro! You’ll become familiar with your online learning tools and Charles Sturt’s services and support that can help you on your study journey
- Academic Success Online Orientation: Ace your first Uni assignments by knowing how to boost your study, literacy and learning skills. Add the Academic Success Online Orientation to discover a host of handy resources and tips to develop your skills for studying, researching, writing, referencing and more.
It is also important to make friends through your course even if you don’t see them face to face!
There are Facebook groups for almost all Charles Sturt courses that allow your access to specific course-related information as well as connect with those who are also studying the same degree or similar.