New year, new look, new editor

New year, new look, new editor

Charlie’s fresh face has been months in the making and we are so excited to bring it to you just as Session 1 begins.

COVID-19 lockdown or not, there’s no denying last year – like every other year – flew by. There were ups and downs for sure but for me, it’s nice to be just that little bit older and little bit wiser.

What’s new?

As you can already tell, Charlie has taken the ‘new year, new me’ trend to a whole new level!

This version of Charlie will still share Charles Sturt student experiences and stories, like we have done for many years now.

The content we want to bring to our fellow students is flying in left, right and centre thanks to our new contributors. Keep an eye out this year as you hear from the varied and valuable perspectives of:

• Billie Tipping
  • Emily Francis
  • Sophie Watson
  • Stephen Hale- Worrall
  • Emily Foy-Brown
  • Pagan Harrison-Brown
  • Chantelle Walsh
  • Bria Aplin
  • Catherine Mallia

But watch this space as our contributor uptake is ever increasing, especially after some incredible interest from students at the recent Market Days and Clubs Days.

And if you missed our stalls, it’s never too late to put yourself out there! We’re still welcoming expressions of interest to join the Charlie contributor team.

Team reshuffle

For over two years, journalism student Jordan Treloar cared for Charlie like a proud parent. He dealt with all the highs and lows of the communications industry with ease – the deadlines, the pressures, the schedules, the many, many, many stories. With an incredible mark on both Charlie and his honours thesis, Jordan has left his role as editor. Currently, Jordan is completing his PhD as well as broadening his professional experience in the workforce. But he hasn’t gone too far – we are lucky to keep Jordan as a Charlie contributor.

What does this mean for Charlie now? I am happy to announce the editor role has been filled by me – Brooke Chandler. A lot is encompassed in this role and in Jordan’s absence, I have very large shoes to fill.

Essentially, it is my job – and also my passion – to help keep Charlie running like a ‘well-oiled machine’. I’m sure many content creators and writers would be no stranger to this saying! A couple days a week, you will find me:

• in an organisation frenzy, sorting out interviews with both stakeholders and students
  • creating content plans
  • mentoring and liaising with our Charlie contributors
  • posting on our student communication Facebook channels.
  • as well as the obvious: editing of content before it lights up on your screen.

This year, being my final year of study, is a big one for me! But I could not be more excited to keep bringing you amazing stories and uni tips.

Share your story

If you’re a Charles Sturt student with an interesting story, we’d love to share it! Send us an email at charlie@csu.edu.au.