Are you a current student in your second or third year interested in giving back and supporting new students as an orientation buddy for Session 1 2022? Uni Foundations is a peer-to-peer mentoring program designed to help connect commencing students with an experienced student mentor, setting them up for study success in the crucial first four weeks of Session 1!
Give back and support new students
Charles Sturt Mentoring are looking for engaged and nurturing students who are studying in their second or third year to welcome their next generation of peers into the university community.
As an orientation buddy you will deliver 4 x 1-hour CSU101 sessions with provided materials that help Session 1 commencing students to:
- Develop important study skills and build the foundations of academic success,
- Find support and establish connections with their peers, and
- Discover key information about their course, tasks and university services.
Mentors will receive access to specialised professional development and skill masterclasses. Your efforts will also count towards your Strive learning experience and portfolio!
- Register by Wednesday 16 February 2022
- Training for mentors will be held on Thursday 17 February 2022
- Late applications will be accepted and initial training will be repeated on Thursday 24 February 2022.
- The first briefing is on Tuesday 1 March 2022.
- Program will run weeks 1-4. First mentor to mentee workshop is on Thursday 3 March.
Become a mentor
To get involved and express your interest, please send your name and degree of study to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 16 February 2022. Read more about Charles Sturt’s wonderful mentoring programs.