You can’t be productive while stressed and that is a highly common symptom in times of a global crisis, so make sure to take care of your mental health. With self isolation and all the new rules and regulations, you should be finding yourself with very little distractions and more time on your hands.
Here are some ways in which you can come out of this self isolation period feeling accomplished!
- Study – well this is an obvious one, welcome to the life of a distance student all you residential students! This is the life where one can go ahead, get assignments submitted early, watch lectures three weeks in advance! This all depends on the subject co-ordinator/lecturer but more often than not, going ahead in assignments is always an option.
- Read – read extra resources for study or recreation. Explore YouTube lectures from other Universities or listen to some podcasts on alternative topics relating to your area of interest. One can never learn enough! As the great author and political activist Helen Keller said, “Knowledge is love and light and vision.”
- Work Projects – if you have work that involves projects as my secretarial work does, this is a good time to excel. Take the time that you now have to make your projects or student assignments exceptional. Research more, be pedantic about design and layout and triple check your referencing and grammar.
- Social media – I don’t know about you, but I always manage to miss the content of some of my favourite social media influencers. This is a good time to go back and check out their Instagram account, be it on fashion, digital art or lifestyle. It’s also a time to maybe give your social media a clean up, get rid of those old posts, revamp your bio, maybe even cull your friends list on Facebook.
- Talents – high school skills that we once possessed may have fallen to the wayside as we went to University. Maybe we can now find that old guitar or try a handstand from gymnastics class. Try and teach your sibling a skill you had or maybe learn something from them!
You might manage to be too productive, so don’t forget to take some time out too!