Fun, Free and QUICK Workouts

Fun, Free and QUICK Workouts

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve wanted to get more fit but the thought a forty five minute cardio workout made me feel faint, I’d be as rich as a New York City hot dog vendor in winter.

However, great workouts don’t have to take ages. Some great workouts take less time than a shower, or however long it takes me to get out of bed in the morning in my case.

Quick Total Body Workout (10 minutes)

Select five of your favourite workout actions and repeat them in cycles for 2 minutes each. For example, jumping jacks, squats, lunges, pushups, and crunches. How easy is that?

Boxing (20 min)

Who says you need a boxing bag to get in a tough upper body workout?

Do a five minute warm up, get those muscles moving. For one minute, throw some straight jabs in front of you. For the next minute, do some uppercuts. For a further three minutes, a combination of both, alternating each arm. Back to straight punches for a minute, then side hooks for another minute.

Similar to the first round, you’re going to combine both of these actions for three minutes – two quick punches, one side hook, then switch arms, two quick punches, side hook. You’re done! Cool down for five minutes, stretch all your joints especially your shoulders.

Dancing/Zumba (4min – 30min)

YouTube is your Library of Congress when it comes to videos of dance routines to the Hit 100.

Or do as I do and just play your favourite tracks from Taylor Swift’s Lover and dance aimlessly around in your room! Here are some great youtube channels to get started with:

• FitnessWithJessica: this is an excellent channel for learning dance fitness routines to your favourite hits.
  • The Fitness Marshall: similar to FitnessWithJessica, this channel keeps groovin’ to the most popular jams of the week. A little more advanced than the other channels though.
  • Popsugar Fitness: good for half hour workouts and basic steps. 
  • Danielle Peazer: amazing for really quick hardcore workouts or getting fit again after an injury. Danielle keeps it energetic and engaging! My fav!
  • REFITREV: great alternative to FitnessWithJessica but with family friendly popular hits. 

Don’t forget…

Remember to do a quick warm up for your muscles and some cool down stretches to avoid injury and soreness! The last thing you want to do is injure yourself while exercising.

Now with all that, take the steps towards a healthier you!