By James Spring, Media and Publications Officer, OSSRC
The Online SRC has just been through an election process, where new student representatives were elected.
The new team will continue the great work that has already been achieved through the SRC in the past 12 months, including:
- hosting events for online students in Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga
- awarding the inaugural OSSRC Scholarship
- helping online students overcome study-related issues
- chatting with online students around Australia at CSU Outreach events
- developing numerous proposals for SSAF funding to assist online students
- working with CSU staff to advance the needs of online students through Student Senate.
The OSSRC is here to support all students studying online at CSU. The SRC is an elected committee that:
- advances the needs of students studying online with CSU
- administers an annual budget and manages spending
- organises and promotes competitions for students studying online
- supports peers, student organisations and clubs
- communicates with students and staff.
In order to plan and budget for the next 18 to 24 months, the OSSRC will be holding its first face-to-face meeting on 29 October in Sydney. This meeting will allow the team to discuss issues and plan momentous future events for you, the online students.
As the OSSRC represents you, the team would love to hear your suggestions and ideas! To do this, the group has set up a Facebook Live event on the day from 3.30pm to 4pm (AEST). You will be able to ask questions about the SRC, pose your suggestions for upcoming events and scholarships or just chat about anything you think the SRC can help with.
To join our Facebook Live session:
Don’t forget to like the OSSRC Facebook page to stay in touch with your fellow online students, stay up to date with future events and to discuss any issues with your SRC.
Not on social media?
The OSSRC has a dedicated page on the Student Portal where you can keep up-to-date with our activities and find our email address to contact us directly.