The inaugural Online Study Student Representative Committee (OS SRC) is coming! Soon, online students will have a committee that represents their issues and interests, liaises with the University and staff, and supports online students and their organisations.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to get involved and make a difference!
Am I eligible?
Any student enrolled as an online student is eligible to nominate themselves for the OS SRC.
What will I need?
- An awesome attitude and a readiness to be an important part of your community. As a representative, you will hold the trust of thousands of online students. Use it wisely!
- Facebook. No, not joking. In order to hold committee meetings, chat with other representatives and liaise with the online community, you will need Facebook and Messenger
- Availability to attend group call meetings and vote on key issues for OS SRC students.
Which executive roles are vacant?
All of them! If you’re a born leader, a natural organiser, a maths prodigy or a writer who needs an outlet, the OS SRC has a vacancy that would suit you! Vacancies include the president and their deputy, secretary, treasurer, editor, moderator and five general representatives.
What are the benefits?
Well, for starters, you get the chance to make a difference for online students all around Australia and be their voice. As part of the OS SRC, you will network with students from across the University and all walks of life. Not only will you make new friends, but you’ll gain new skills and knowledge. This hands-on experience looks great on your CV, and equips you for professional life after graduation.
- 13 July 2016 – Nominations open
- 27 July 2016 – Nominations close
- 10 August 2016 – Elections open
- 17 August 2016 – Elections close
- 17 August 2016 – Representatives announced
- 31 August 2016 – Executive roles announced
Who do I contact?
The Returning Office is Dr Kristy Campion. Feel free to email her any questions or queries.
More information is available through CSU’s student portal.