Did you know:
- As many as 50 per cent of CSU students live below or very close to the poverty line;
- More than half of CSU students work more than 20 hours per week, and more than three quarters feel that time engaged in paid employment impacts negatively on the time they have to study;
- More than a quarter of CSU students made no financial preparations for attending university.
On the bright side:
- Students rated themselves as confident in budgeting and saving; and
- Most students indicated that they are unlikely to withdraw from studies in the next twelve months due to financial stress.
These are just some of the findings from the CSU Student Financial Wellbeing Survey 2013, which collected data to allow the Office for Students to better understand and respond to the financial circumstances of CSU students.
The recommendations outline strategies for providing targeted support to students experiencing financial stress and to support students to establish and maintain their financial wellbeing throughout their studies.
Thank you to all the students who participated.
The full report can be viewed at http://student.csu.edu.au/support/financial-support/student-financial-wellbeing-survey
For more information about financial support for CSU students, check out http://student.csu.edu.au/support/financial-support