Session 2 is fast approaching and there’s a lot to do, so here is your checklist for on campus and online orientation!
Welcome to CSU! Have you checked these things off your list yet?
- Check out your Orientation Portal
- Order your CSU Card
- Apply for scholarships
- Access your online learning space – Interact2
- Check if you need to order any textbooks
- Check your enrolment
- Ensure you’ve enrolled in the right subjects as per the course handbook
- Join the CSUSocial Facebook Group
- View your upcoming fees and finances
Once you arrive on campus, you will have three main orientation activities:
- Academic sessions: Meet your Course Director or other academic staff, make sure you’re up-to-speed with all your course requirements and check that you’ve got everything you need for your first classes.
- Services and support sessions: Find out about the support team available to help you through your studies. There are dedicated teams to help you boost your study skills, manage your finances, look after your health and more.
- Uni life sessions: Get involved in our social program to make some of your first Uni friends!
Being an online student, you want flexible options. So, orientation sessions for online students are offered online, on-campus and via recorded video for you to watch anytime or there’s also the option to contact your course director.
- Course Orientation session To kick orientation off, get your Uni 101 with this session. Here you’ll get an overview of your course, learning environment, subject expectations and where to find help.
- Online Orientation workshop If you’re new to uni, add this workshop to your list to find your way around online study like a pro! You’ll become familiar with your online learning tools and Charles Sturt’s services and support that can help you on your study journey
- Academic Success Online Orientation Ace your first Uni assignments by knowing how to boost your study, literacy and learning skills. Add the Academic Success Online Orientation to discover a host of handy resources and tips to develop your skills for studying, researching, writing, referencing and more.