Launched today, CSU’s Sustainability Statement is a significant milestone in the Uni’s commitment to best practice in sustainability. Adding to CSU Green’s list of achievements, it details our commitment to sustainable initiatives and achieving outcomes that will help create a world worth living in.
More than just a statement – a call to action
Inspired by indigenous sustainability practices, the statement outlines CSU’s commitment to sustainability into everyday life as part of our responsibility to the community and the environment.
Nhanha-dha garray-gu, bila-glanag-gu!
Yandu garray-bu bila-galang-bu nganga-girri nginyalgir
Meaning to look after the land and the rivers, then the land and the rivers will look after you.
How are you making a sustainability statement? You can help with creating a sustainable future for everyone and there are many ways you can join in demonstrating CSU’s commitment to sustainability through your actions:
- Keep your cup – use a reusable cup to reduce waste
- Reuse and Recycle – use the appropriate recycling bins available at CSU and minimise waste to landfill – refresh your recycling knowledge for your campus
- Straw no more – say no more to plastics straws
- Save energy – dress for the seasons and switch off equipment when it’s not being used
- Reusable bags – Get in the habit of keeping a reusable bag in your desk drawer, work bag or car so you never have to use plastic bags
- Plant it – Learn about the native biodiversity present on your local CSU campus and make a difference by participating in a tree planting day
- Keep your reusable water bottle handy
- Think about the goods that you purchase for Uni and for home – Is it really needed? Is it over-packaged? Is it durable? What do you do with it at end of life?
- Walk or ride or bus to your next classes
- Do I really need to turn on that light? Air conditioner? Fan?
- Consult the CSU Sustainable Event Guidelines when planning your next activity on campus
Visit CSU Green for more information about our Sustainability Statement and the actions we’re taking to create a world worth living in.