Your OS SRC have been elected

Your OS SRC have been elected

Students meeting

The results are in, and your Online Study Students’ Representative Council, also known as the OS SRC, have been elected. Each of the representatives have moved into their executive and specialist roles, and are working on ways to represent the community and enhance the online student experience in every way possible.

Find out below who has been chosen to represent your student council and learn a little about what they hope to achieve in their roles in the coming year.

Damien Hughes President and Student Senator – Damien Hughes
“I am focused on defining our objectives and trying to formulate a plan for the coming year. This [the Student Senate] is a new space for me so I am mostly trying to get my head around the different SRC groups and understanding the role of the Senate.”

Steven Tougher Vice President – Steven Tougher
“My current focus is on the objectives we are trying to set out for the SRC and getting everything going.”

Dean Allan Treasurer – Dean Allan
“I am working on putting a draft budget together that will help the online SRC engage with online students to enhance their learning experience.”

Anna Stanford Secretary – Anna Stanford
“I am working on helping to improve the online study experience with a great team of people on the OS SRC.”

Kira Henderson Publications Officer – Kira Henderson
“I am creating a publications plan so we can best reach all online students.”

Ofunneka Anyanwu Social Responsibility Officer – Ofunneka Molokwu
“I am working on ways in which the educational experiences of online students are made equitable and that such experiences parallel those of their on campus counterparts.”

Alexandra Burgess Future Moves – Alexandra Burgess
“I haven’t moved past brainstorming at this stage – I am hoping to get some ideas off the rest of the team!”

Brenton Higgins Governance Officer – Brenton Higgins
“I’m working on developing a simple and clear system for students to ensure they are getting value in their education, as well as a clearly laid process for accountability.”

Peter Moulding General Representative – Peter Moulding
“I would like represent those students whose first use of advanced technology is online study.”

Mandy Rae Student Senator – Mandy Rae
“I am working on ideas to create greater cohesion between online and on campus students, as well as how OS SRC works together with the Senate, as we are a new entity.”

Matt Hendrich Innovations Officer – Matt Hendrich
“I am currently investigating and facilitating the use of innovative technologies to assist OS SRC interactions in the digital space.”

The OS SRC is there to help out online students. Feel free to tell them about issues that are important to you, ideas, or suggestions. Contact your SRC through the student portal, our Facebook page or email: OnlineStudySRC@csu.edu.au